Social Intrapreneurship for Innovation in Health and Wellness
Course Dates: November 6th - December 15th, 2017
Rolling Admission between Friday, September 15th and Wednesday, November 1st, 2017. Apply Early! Spaces fill up quickly.
You will be contacted by or before Wednesday, November 1st regarding your course application. If you have any immediate questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Now by clicking "Join Course" on the right!
Note: you must complete registration with TechChange AND the course application.
Having trouble? Email email@example.com
In our rapidly changing world, employee skills—such as intrapreneurship, agility, teamwork, empathy and collaborative leadership— are fundamental to an institution’s ability to innovate and grow into the future. The pitfalls of ignoring these skills can lead to loss of opportunity and competitiveness, along with increased redundancy and inefficiency. Social intrapreneurship is a methodology for sparking, cultivating, advancing and scaling social innovation within institutions. It involves intrapreneurial employees capitalizing on trends such as technology advancement and globalization, and deploying agile, startup strategies. Check out why Forbes is calling the Social Intrapreneur the Most Valuable Employee of 2014 and this Guide to Social Intrapreneurship.
Ashoka: Everyone a Changemaker, one of the world’s largest networks of social innovators and entrepreneurs, has teamed up with Boehringer Ingelheim(BI), a world-leading health company, to create a six-week online course: Social Intrapreneurship for Innovation in Health and Wellness. This course is part of the global “Making More Health” initiative to explore innovative pathways to improve access to healthcare for individuals, families and communities. In this course, you will connect with a global community of health professionals from across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors and convene to learn intrapreneurial strategies for creating social and business impact in the health and wellness space.
In this course you will:
- Prepare for a lead role in developing a health and wellness innovation with social and business impact within your institution
- Gain skills and strategies to garner internal and external support for innovative projects
- Learn how to collaboratively advance innovation in a bureaucratic setting
- Advance in intrapreneurial strategies for co-creation and prototyping
- Connect with a network of intrapreneurs and innovators to share ideas and develop your own innovations
- Engage with the global Ashoka network, including Fellows, staff and other innovators
- Week 1: The Business Case for Social Intrapreneurship
- Week 2: Intrapreneurial Challenges & Opportunities
- Week 3: Strategies for Advancing Social Innovation Within Institutions
- Week 4: Co-Creation Part I: Leveraging Shared Value
- Week 5: Co-Creation Part II: Idea Development and Pitching
- Week 6: Final Review and Wrap-up
Here's what past participants had to say:
“We focus on becoming a social impact business but we
are still in our baby shoes. Looking at my project not from
the social entrepreneur view but the social intrapreneur
one, is pretty exciting for future collaborations. That
is why I really enjoyed this course, it gave me a lot of
insight and great ideas on how to be a good partner for
businesses in the near future.”
“I am looking at my job differently as to where I can make a difference and having great discussions with my District Manager.” - Lisa
Through this online, dynamic learning environment, participants will join facilitators and leading experts in the field to discuss the topics above, while exploring case studies, major trends and social business ideas - keeping you on the cutting edge of intrapreneurship.
Still want more? Check the video out below!
HTML5: Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
Apple iOS: Articulate Mobile Player; Apple iOS 5.0 or later on iPad