Course Dates: Monday, April 24 - Friday, June 2, 2017
Deadline to apply: Thursday, April 13th
Rolling admissions will occur from March 1st - April 17th.
You will be contacted by or before April 17th regarding your course application. If you are NOT contacted or if you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please click on "Join Course" to begin the (1) Registration and (2) Application process for this course. When registering, you should follow the prompted steps to create an account; the account you create here is not associated with any other Ashoka site, thus you must create a new account for this site, in order to proceed to the application!*
In our rapidly changing world, employee skills—such as intrapreneurship, agility, teamwork, empathy and collaborative leadership— are fundamental to an institution’s ability to innovate and grow into the future. The pitfalls of ignoring these skills can lead to loss of opportunity and competitiveness, along with increased redundancy and inefficiency. Social intrapreneurship is a methodology for sparking, cultivating, advancing and scaling social innovation within institutions. It involves intrapreneurial employees capitalizing on trends such as technology advancement and globalization, and deploying agile, startup strategies. Check out why Forbes is calling the Social Intrapreneur the Most Valuable Employee of 2014.
Ashoka, one of the world’s largest networks of social innovators and entrepreneurs, has teamed up with Boehringer Ingelheim, a world-leading health company, to create a six-week online course: Social Intrapreneurship for Innovation in Health and Wellness. This course is part of the global “Making More Health” initiative to explore innovative pathways to improve access to healthcare for individuals, families and communities. In this course, you will connect with a global community of health professionals from across the private, public, and nonprofit sectors and convene to learn intrapreneurial strategies for creating social and business impact in the health and wellness space.
In this course you will:
- Prepare for a lead role in developing a health and wellness innovation with social and business impact within your institution
- Gain skills and strategies to garner internal and external support for innovative projects
- Learn how to collaboratively advance innovation in a bureaucratic setting
- Advance in intrapreneurial strategies for co-creation and prototyping
- Connect with a network of intrapreneurs and innovators to share ideas and develop your own innovations
- Engage with the global Ashoka network, including Fellows, staff and other innovators
- Week 1: The Business Case for Social Intrapreneurship
- Week 2: Intrapreneurial Challenges & Opportunities
- Week 3: Strategies for Advancing Social Innovation Within Institutions
- Week 4: Co-Creation Part I: Leveraging on Shared Values
- Week 5: Co-Creation Part II: Idea Development and Pitching
- Week 6: Final Review and Wrap-up
Here's what past participants had to say:
“I really enjoyed this course and will take away several key insights from the speakers and other participants. Some include the focus on diversity of thought, acknowledging the opposition, understand(ing) it and find(ing) a way around obstacles. ...This was a great program; I hope to collaborate on a project in the future!”
“...we all have unique skills, knowledge and experience we all could share beyond this course. We could leverage on these opportunities through collaborations, partnerships and networking sharing with each other to maximize our social resourcefulness and impact...”
HTML5: Windows: Internet Explorer 6 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Safari 3 and later, Google Chrome, Opera 9.5 and later Mac: Safari 3 and later, Firefox 1.x and later, Google Chrome Linux: Firefox 1.x and later
Apple iOS: Articulate Mobile Player; Apple iOS 5.0 or later on iPad